Ocean to City – An Rás Mór is Ireland’s very own long-distance rowing race attracting hundreds of participants annually. Started in 2005, it has grown from its origin as a race for traditional fixed-seat boats into an all-inclusive rowing and paddling event, embracing everything from traditional wooden working boats, currachs, skiffs, gigs and longboats to contemporary ocean racing shells, kayaks, canoes and even stand-up paddle boards. Ocean to City is the flagship event of the Cork Harbour Festival.
This year’s Ocean to City takes place on Saturday 1 June 2019.
Ocean to City 2017 Highlights
Ocean to City 2016 Highlights
- Skerries Rowing ClubJune 2016''What a fantastic weekend in Cork. Great event loved every minute of it. Very proud to collect Boat Build of the Day Award with Skerries Rowing Club. Looking forward to 2017 already!''
- Exmouth Rowing Club, UKJune 2016''The first time for Exmouth Rowing Club to this event. Absolutely loved it. The organisation, charm, helpfulness and overall welcome and camaraderie displayed were a credit to all. Competitive, friendly, fun, challenging and extremely enjoyable. A magnificent event which should be a model for organisers everywhere.''
- Kildysart Currach ClubJune 2016''We had a fantastic time and are already looking forward to next year''
- Myross Rowing ClubFebruary 2015''The organization is first class, very helpful in every way. Previous rowers from the Club have said it's a challenge and are looking forward to taking part again this year. For the sea-loving its a "must do."
- Dalkey Rowing ClubJune 2015''We had a fabulous weekend and found the famous Cork hospitality all it cracks up to be.''
Recent Journal Articles
Recruiting: Community Maritime Event Coordinator (Maternity Leave Cover) Ocean to City & Cork Harbour Festival Meitheal Mara, Cork’s community boatyard…
Invitation: Ocean to City…
**08/06/17 Weather update for Ocean to City participants** We have been monitoring…