Ocean to City – An Rás Mór is Ireland’s very own long-distance rowing race attracting hundreds of participants annually. Started in 2005, it has grown from its origin as a race for traditional fixed-seat boats into an all-inclusive rowing and paddling event, embracing everything from traditional wooden working boats, currachs, skiffs, gigs and longboats to contemporary ocean racing shells, kayaks, canoes and even stand-up paddle boards. Ocean to City is the flagship event of the Cork Harbour Festival.
This year’s Ocean to City takes place on Saturday 2 June 2018 and registration is now open.
Ocean to City 2017 Highlights
Ocean to City 2016 Highlights
- Kildysart Currach ClubJune 2016''We had a fantastic time and are already looking forward to next year''
- Dalkey Rowing ClubJune 2015''We had a fabulous weekend and found the famous Cork hospitality all it cracks up to be.''
- Myross Rowing ClubFebruary 2015''The organization is first class, very helpful in every way. Previous rowers from the Club have said it's a challenge and are looking forward to taking part again this year. For the sea-loving its a "must do."
- Exmouth Rowing Club, UKJune 2016''The first time for Exmouth Rowing Club to this event. Absolutely loved it. The organisation, charm, helpfulness and overall welcome and camaraderie displayed were a credit to all. Competitive, friendly, fun, challenging and extremely enjoyable. A magnificent event which should be a model for organisers everywhere.''
- Skerries Rowing ClubJune 2016''What a fantastic weekend in Cork. Great event loved every minute of it. Very proud to collect Boat Build of the Day Award with Skerries Rowing Club. Looking forward to 2017 already!''
Recent Journal Articles
Recruiting: Community Maritime Event Coordinator (Maternity Leave Cover) Ocean to City & Cork Harbour Festival Meitheal Mara, Cork’s community boatyard…
Invitation: Ocean to City…
**08/06/17 Weather update for Ocean to City participants** We have been monitoring…