Important notice 2020
In light of the rapidly evolving situation and public health measures related to Covid-19, it is with great disappointment the organisers of Cork Harbour Festival and Ocean to City have taken the decision to cancel this year’s events. The festival was were due to take place 15 May – 8 June, with the flagship Ocean to City – An Rás Mór on 6 June.
We thank everyone for their support and work to date and look forward to welcoming you all to a bigger and better Cork Harbour Festival and Ocean to City next year, in partnership with SeaFest 2021.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our staff, participants, event partners, volunteers, spectators and supporters. Please do your best to stay safe and well.
It is worth noting that Ocean to City had its highest ever early bird entry this year and we were so looking forward to celebrating our wonderful harbour with our participants – both familiar and new. Next year’s Ocean to City will take place on Saturday 5th June 2021 and we look forward to welcoming you back then.
Participants will be eligible for a full entry fee refund and we will contact you regarding the mechanics of this process over the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Wishing you all well in the coming months.
Joya, Dee and all the team at Meitheal Mara
Ocean to City – An Rás Mór is Ireland’s very own long-distance rowing race attracting hundreds of participants annually. Started in 2005, it has grown from its origin as a race for traditional fixed-seat boats into an all-inclusive rowing and paddling event, embracing everything from traditional wooden working boats, currachs, skiffs, gigs and longboats to contemporary ocean racing shells, kayaks, canoes and even stand-up paddle boards.
Invitation: Ocean to City - 6th June 2020
- Dalkey Rowing ClubJune 2015''We had a fabulous weekend and found the famous Cork hospitality all it cracks up to be.''
- The AHOY Centre 2019"What an AMAZING experience we, Arthur’s Crew, have had this weekend.Our first experience of Ocean to City and certainly won’t be the last. A massive ‘thank you’ for all your support and assistance from you guys at the coal face to the safety support. Everyone! Here’s to next year".
- Exmouth Rowing Club, UKJune 2016''The first time for Exmouth Rowing Club to this event. Absolutely loved it. The organisation, charm, helpfulness and overall welcome and camaraderie displayed were a credit to all. Competitive, friendly, fun, challenging and extremely enjoyable. A magnificent event which should be a model for organisers everywhere.''
- Skerries Rowing ClubJune 2016''What a fantastic weekend in Cork. Great event loved every minute of it. Very proud to collect Boat Build of the Day Award with Skerries Rowing Club. Looking forward to 2017 already!''
- Dundrum Coastal Rowing 2019"On behalf of Dundrum Coastal Rowing Club I would like to send our thanks to you and your team for a well organised and highly enjoyable event which you obviously put so much work into at the weekend". Winners Ocean Crew and Ist St Ayles Skiff
- Strangford Coastal Rowing 2019"Just a word of thanks to you and all the team for organising and running an excellent event. All the crew from Strangford had a ball"!
- Kildysart Currach ClubJune 2016''We had a fantastic time and are already looking forward to next year''
- Purple Cutter Partnership 2019"What a great event, you have to be the friendliest bunch of race organisers and I am in awe of the smooth operation of start, finishing and recovery that you facilitate. We were also amazed that you managed to turn the rain on Saturday morning off and bring on the sunshine for the race itself. Perfect conditions, thank you for that"!
- Myross Rowing ClubFebruary 2015''The organization is first class, very helpful in every way. Previous rowers from the Club have said it's a challenge and are looking forward to taking part again this year. For the sea-loving its a "must do."
- Catherine - Ocean to City Participant 2019"The event was amazing and I hope to be there again next year. I stayed down for the week and enjoyed so much of the festivities. The event is amazing you guys do such a super job".
- Peter Coreless - Ocean to City 2019"I would like to thank you on behalf of my children and grandchildren for the wonderful hospitality and organisation of the whole event. We had an incredible time".
- Fiona - Ocean to City 2019"The race was , as always, a credit to Meitheal Mara and everyone involved".
Recent Journal Articles
We’re delighted to announce…
Invitation Ocean to City…
Cork Harbour Festival is the largest annual event in Cork Harbour offering a nine-day celebration of maritime culture, from 1-9…