Be part of the largest annual event in Cork Harbour!
Join the Ocean to City team as a volunteer and get a look at what happens behind the scenes of Cork’s big day out on the water. Whether you’d like to help on shore, on the water, in the city or in the harbour – we would love to hear from you!
Join the team as a volunteer and get a look at what happens behind the scenes of Cork’s big week out on the water. Whether you’d like to help on shore, on the water, in the city or in the harbour – we would love to hear from you!
The following teams are always in need of extra help:
- Ocean to City Stewarding: This team of about 30 volunteers is stationed at the finish line at the Port of Cork. Be in the buzzle of it all and patrol the spectator area to ensure that the event happens in a safe and positive manner; direct spectators around; assist with our clicker-counts; or help with any other upcoming tasks on the day.
- Ocean to City Shore-Safety: You will work in pairs and be stationed at one of the Shore-Safety Points along the race route (Crosshaven, Haulbowline, Monkstown, Passage, Blackrock, Cork City). If participants want to retire from the race, or if anyone needs any shore assistance – you will be their first point of contact. All going well, this will be a quiet job where you get to enjoy the race from the shore-line.
- Ocean to City Kayak Recovery: Help our 100 or so tired paddlers at the finish line, by giving them a hand lifting their kayaks out of the water; and helping them move it to the kayak collection point. This is a physical job that requires some strength and stamina.
- Ocean to City Production/Logistics: Helping to set things up the morning of the race, and help break it all down again at the end of the day.
- Ocean to City Water Safety: RIB or yacht owners with a minimum level 2 powerboat certificate are invited to be part of our Ocean to City Safety Fleet
- Market Research: Join our team of volunteer market researchers, and survey the Ocean to City race. Meet our spectators and ask them brief questions about where they are from and how they found out about the event.
- Other jobs: if you have any special skills (photography, social media, computers, event coordination, etc) that you would like to offer Cork Harbour Festival or Ocean to City – do let us know!
If you’d like to volunteer with us in 2019, 1-9 June, please complete the below form and we will get back to you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!