Please note that registration has now closed and late entries will not be accepted. Thank you to the 500 participants who signed up – we look forward to seeing you next Saturday!
Important before registering:
- Make sure you have the dates of birth (DOBs) of all your crew members.
- Every boat has to be entered by a member of its own crew. The registration system does not allow people to register another crew’s boat.
- Take your time to read the Regulations and the information on Prizes & Awards, in particular about boat and crew elegibility.
- SUP participation is restricted to experienced stand-up paddle boarders and by invitation only. Please contact the office in advance of registering.
- Relay Teams: Please note that relay teams are eligible for a discount whereby any additional participants pay just 50% of the entry fee. e.g. a 5-person boat at early bird rate: 5 * €30= €150 plus 4 extra relay participants at 50% of the price (4 * €15) €60 = €210 in total. Please contact the office for a special promo code in advance of registering.
- Due to the large number of participants involved, late entries will not be facilitated.
- Accommodation: The Cork City Marathon takes place on Sunday 5 June so will be a big demand on accommodation in Cork. Book early to avoid disappointment.
- Deferred 2020 entries: Anyone who deferred their entry back in 2020 will receive an email from us over the next week with a special promo coupon code which will allow you to register for free. There is no need to contact us – we will email you automatically.
Entry fees & deadline dates 2022:
Early Bird Fee
1 - 31 Mar 2022
1 April - 13 May 2022
14 - 20 May 2022
Kayak and SUP deadlines:
Early Bird Fee
1 - 31 March 2022
1 April - 20 May 2022
21 - 27 May 2022
* Please note that a 7% Administration Fee is applied by the Active registration system.
- Insurance: If you do not hold valid insurance for the Ocean to City you can buy a one-day insurance pass at €10 per person. Please note that paddlers who hold a current Canoeing Ireland membership, will be insured to participate in Ocean to City. CI will be validating your membership ID.
- Early Bird offer: A limited number of Early Bird registration deals are for sale during the first month. These are given on a first come-first serve basis.
- Prize Giving 2022: Due to the tides and later finish time (19:00), this year’s Prize Giving will need to be different than usual. We are still exploring options but unfortunately it’s likely that there will only be enough time to present a small number of the prizes on the actual evening of the race. We will follow up with full plans closer to race day.
- Charity: All Ocean to City entry fees go towards the annual organisation and safety of the event; an event which is run on a break-even basis as part of our charity Meitheal Mara. Meitheal Mara is a community boatyard and training centre in Cork City which works with youths and adults from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Registration Deadlines: Due to handicapping there will be separate closing dates for rowing boats and kayaks as specified above.